"Our decors reduce impact on valuable natural resources, while the low-pollution production methods we use make an active contribution towards environmental protection"
(excerpt from Schattdecor Mission Statement).
- Environmental protection is not only a central goal of Schattdecor corporate activities, it is one of its most important investments in the future.
- We use environmentally compatible materials, such as water-soluble inks based on organic, heavy-metal-free pigments, at every step of our development and production work, and we also seek to conserve natural resources.
- We are committed to practices that avoid, reduce and re-use waste, and we deploy environmentally-compatible materials that facilitate later recycling.
- In ensuring that our environmental indicators meet national and international specifications, it goes without saying that we equip our production facilities with wastewater treatment systems.
- Supported by the growing environmental sensibility of our customers and partners, we endeavour to find new ways of reconciling economic objectives with ecological considerations.
- In 1995, we began working with base paper suppliers on ways of recycling printed decor paper. The result is a globally unique system now widely in use.
- We raise awareness of sustainability in our production operations and on a workaday level alike. Our employees demonstrate responsibility for the environment by sorting waste and making sparing use of working materials.
- We inform the public concerning the environmental impact of our work.
- Schattdecor fosters awareness of ecological concerns and respect for nature by conducting environmental audits and engaging in continuous dialogue with environmental protection experts.
We are member of the Environmental Pact of Bavaria.
Confindustria per la Sostenibilità (Italy)